Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have to admit that I still have trouble blogging on this site. I never was a very good diary or journal keeper. It is too easy for me to jump on Facebook to communicate. I love to write & like to think that I am staying current journaling our family life through photos...if only I would post them here also.

After Kelsey customized our newly purchased 1994 Audi 100s, it was established that she had a vision problem...hmmm. She was able to find the right fit with contacts, then was able to order her reading glasses which she wears over her contacts. She had to wait longer for the 'all purpose' glasses that have progressive lenses, to wear when she is not able to wear her contacts. Homework is an easier task for her now. In the process of finding a car for parts to make repairs, Dave managed a deal on a 1992 Audi 90c. It was too nice to part out so he put on new routers & brakes, fixed a couple lines under the hood, reworked the trim, but the speaker problem goes unresolved. I went & got the license plate and Kelsey is now driving a nice looking black Audi. A couple of days later, parts arrived for the 1994 Audi. My husband needs a project :)

Courtney is working on mid-term projects for her classes at GVSU. She began an observatory internship at the day-care down the street. She seems to enjoy it. She is on 2 dance teams at GVSU and loving all that a bigger university has to offer. Courtney joined the team leading the 56'ers at church on Wednesday nights. It has to be her busiest day/night of the week. About twice a month, she plays her violin in the Praise Band during our Sunday worship services.

I joined the rank of 2nd/3rd grade teachers in the Vine at church on Sunday mornings, after our worship service. Even though I am used to leading a group of 40-70 girls plus counselors in my previous position as GEMS coordinator at our former church, I am humbled to be one on one again with these young minds.

No comments: