Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dad's blessing with a gauze dressing

Tuesday, September 9, my dad Louie was able to say 'good riddance' to the tube implanted into his kidney for 8 months. It has been replaced a couple of different times during procedures to rid his body of cancer. It has been a source of discomfort for many months. Since January he has had 5 surgeries. As he stated, "I am going for the gold, so whatever I have to endure to beat this, I will." Dr. Curry, his colleagues & staff have been tremendous in their knowledge, care & skill.

He and Mom stopped by after they left the hospital. His gauze dressing had already failed in the 25 minutes it took to go thru drive-thru & drive to our house. Since I had given them all of the large size gauze that I had in my house months ago, we improvised. I will leave it to 'your imagination' :-)  He is currently CANCER FREE! I am confident he is planning a holiday to the north country to their house in Nahma, near the shores of Big Bay de Noc, as soon as the hole in his back heals. I wish I had snapped a picture of him playing granddaughter Courtney's 'new' 1972 Finnish made acoustic guitar while grandma Arlene was soaking her aches away in the hot tub.

~Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.~ Psalm 95:2

No comments: